Sunday 7 October 2012

Task 7 - Audience Expectations


- What is the genre of the film you are creating?

The genre of the film I am creating is horror. I am working with my friend Luca and we are creating this film together. I decided to use this genre, because it is very popular amongst audiences and I also enjoy watching horror films. The generic convetions make horror films very exciting which could appeal to me or people similar to me.

- Who do you think the target audience for this genre is and why?

The target audience I think my film is targeted at is for people aged 15 and above. I have decided to choose this audience, because the purpose of horror films is to scare people, and show the different things which make it a horror, for example the violence, the blood and gore. Teenagers aged 15 and abov like enjoy watching horror films and like that "jumpy" feeling which horror films give.

- What Demographic do you feel would watch your film?

The demographic that I feel would watch my film are C1, C2, D and E. The people under these categories are people who have jobs, but they are not proffessional jobs, and these people could possibly have enough days off and could go to their local cinema quite frequently to watch the latest movies.

- What BBFC will your film fit into? What effect will this have on the audience?

The BBFC my film will fit into is for the 15 rated certicifate. Most horrors that are released these days are mostly for teenagers and also the storylines are mostly based on teenagers or students. My film will affect the audience, because a 15 film has a "teen" type of language, because of the slang and the swear words and lifestyle of the characters which the audience would be familiar with. My film will appeal to the audience, because the characters and the style will refelct the teenage life.



-

No comments:

Post a Comment